Hi there, and thanks for visiting my blog!
This blog is the way I, a Belgian fan, channel my (occasionally sarcastic) thoughts on everything Eurovision, from past editions over National Finals to the yearly run-up (in the form of previews) and run-through (in the form of reviews) of each Contest ever since I started blogging in 2011. Been a Eurovision fan for much longer though: I started following the event in 1993, have been buzzing on the interwebz since 1999 and have actively contributed to Belgium’s former premier Eurovision website http://www.eurosong.be.
More about me:
- I was born in the (not thàt) distant 1980, the year the Irish Johnny Logan won.
- Belgium‘s my home country, so I’ve had my fair share of disappointment (and luckily some highlights) in my Eurovision experiences.
- Professional copywriter, graduated in journalism – Dutch is my mother tongue, so thanks in advance for overlooking any grammatical or spelling errors you might come across.
- Pop culture is my everything, especially crazy about movies, series & music and you’ll find dozens of references (sometimes highlighted, sometimes not) in my reviews. My taste is very eclectic but the bottom line is that something needs to tickle my emotions: make me want to dance, laugh or cry and you’ll probably earn your place in Dimivision history. Bore me or annoy me and I’ll clearly let you know how I feel. Everything on here is in good sport though – it’s all an innocent game after all, however serious we may get about it at times.
More about my taste (I’m a ‘lists’ type of person so I feel the need to reflect some stuff now! #sorrynotsorry):
A couple of non-Eurovision favorites:
- The Cardigans
- Miss Kittin & The Hacker
- Skunk Anansie
- Many more in the rock/electro/alternative pop scene, too many to fully list!
My all time top 10 Eurovision entries :
My favorite winner: Belgium 1986 – J’aime la vie #duh (I’ve been shamelessly conditioned so gimme a break)
Follow me on Twitter or simply follow this blog if you like what you see.